Saturday, August 14, 2010

Thoughts of the Past - I

"And what's your branch?"
"Electronics and Telecommunication."

"I have never stayed out of home..Oh how I miss Mom n Dad!"
"Could not agree with you more"

And you would find a whole lot of such conversations on the 1st day of any college you ever attended.But for her there was nothing exciting/depressing about it.She was quiet and reticent.She loved being alone and hated being interrupted while delving deep into her train of thoughts.And one such day was this too.

***************************************************************************************************

"Hi.I am Aditi."
A long pause of silence.

"Oh Hi.I am Rya..Rya Mahen."
"I just saw you across the floor and thought of... talking to you." She smiled.
"Oh that's really nice of you!"
"So.. which department?"
"Computer Science.And you?"
"Same here."
.......

One month had passed since that day. Aditi had become quite a sensation in college and there was everything admirable about her. She was tall, beautiful and charming. Her aquiline nose and deep eyes were bound to attract even the dumbest of guys. She was amicable and there was nothing amiss with her. Rya was quite her opposite in attitude. She kept to herself most of the time and occasionally went out with Aditi who happened to be the only friend Rya had at college till then.Rya was elegant too but her phlegmatic self often contradicted with the former. While Aditi was an open book, Rya was always a prelude.

First Semester

@Fresher's Party

"Congrats Aditi"
"Thanks"

"You look gorgeous!"
"Oh thats nice of you. Thanks."

"Congrats Aditi.How about a cup of coffee!"
"Thanks.Btw are you trying to hit on me?"

"Congratulations Aditi..you sure look stunning!"
"Thanks sweety."

Aditi was crowned the "Rose Queen" of the department that year and she was the center of attraction for the evening. She looked gorgeous and was gifted the most number of roses both by the seniors and her batch mates.She looked happy and was frantically trying to avoid the unwanted and numerous "interactions" with the seniors when Rya came up to her.

"Congrats dear. I am so happy for you!"
"Hey thanks Rya..Got to tell you something.Excuse me please."
"Sure.Go ahead....hey hey Aditi where are you taking me"
"Thank God Rya. You saved me.I just wanted to avoid those seniors now.Got to meet someone.Will talk to you later in the room".
"Take care dear"
"Same to you and enjoy the evening honey!"

Aditi left.

That evening was amazing.Music had its way of reaching the hearts of the young and when brewed with dance, it cast spells. The freedom to talk freely with the fairer sex of their batch seemed to be the perfect occasion for guys to revel.

Rya had been friends with a few other girls too by then and when compelled by them, she agreed to come to the dance floor. Watching her dance was a perfect delight. She had the most amazing feet for the music and her mask of demure was shed that night.She looked radiant for the first time.And guys sure did take note of it. But accosting her was a Herculean task.Few dared but none succeeded.Girls usually are inscrutable and when it came to Rya, guys definitely were at a loss. And very few guys took the pain of being patient either in love or in crush.



And as the music died so did her nonchalance. She was back into the recesses of calm. It was time to go back to hostel and Aditi was no where to be seen. Rya gave her a call.

"Hey Aditi..where are you?"
"Rya..I will reach hostel.Don't worry.Cya soon.Bye"

Rya was still worried but she could not wait for Aditi since the latter had assured her of being safe and she herself had no other means of returning to hostel other than the bus which was going to leave in a couple of minutes.

She looked up to find her way back to the bus when she met him.

"Hi.You dance good!"
"Mmm...thanks!" - muttered Rya.

"And it would be a sin if I forgot to tell you how stunning you look tonight!"
"What brings you here?"

"What!!!"
"I just asked - What brings you here?"

"Well I just thought that...that you looked beautiful"
"Thank You. But I am not very used to like compliments."

"You don't like compliments or you don't like understatements?"
"I think..I don't like either."

"Hmm...interesting..or is it the persons whom you don't like?"
"Excuse me!"

"Would you like to join me for a cup of coffee ...sometime..may be tomorrow?"
"I think you were right. I don't like the people who gave it to me"

"And may I know why?"
" Because...it always was accompanied by a motive."

With this, Rya turned to go towards the bus.

"Btw I am Ryan and it was nice meeting you!"
(To be continued...)

1 comment:

................your's entirely said...

please continue soon....